inconceivable eccentricities!

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Contemplations


Long-time viewer, First-time Blogger. The start of things to come.

This week started off so great. My Uncle Mitch, Aunt Jan, and Cousin Tyler came down to visit from Tacoma, Washington. It's always nice to see them since we live so far away from one another. The last time I saw them was Christmas 2000 (or was it 2001?) I was up there with the Georgia Tech Band for the Seattle Bowl. Good times. I remember this one drink I had...

It's probably best if I don't finish that sentence. At any rate, it was nice seeing them this past weekend. The 4th was nice, nothing too special. Fireworks, food, annoying celebrities on the T.V. talking about how their careers are going great (which reminds me, I need to do a little research on the effect that celebrities ego's have on teenage depression). Tuesday was a completely different beast. I went in for my first day at my new job , but by the end of the day I was unemployed. I had quit Barnes & Noble and Acropolis Books in order to work at this new Marketing job, but as it turns out they decided to play me like a puppet. "We want you to relocate to our Charlotte, North Carolina office." Hmm. I remember them saying during my interview that relocating was not an option. So, I reminded them. "If you don't want to relocate, we can arrange it so you'll be travelling to Charlotte on a bi or tri-monthly basis for 4 or 5 days at a time." It was at this point I stood up, dusted my dress pants off, and left the office. "I'll call you later," was my response. I did indeed call them later, and after expressing my anger and confusion at the whole situation we came to the decision that working for them was not the best thing... for either of us. Eso es la vida.

Now I'm at a point where I have to go back to Acropolis, on my hands and knees, and basically beg for my old job back. Christine, who is the manager of the office, makes my day and gladly accepts me back. I don't think I have gone through so many emotions in one day. God certainly got an earful from me today.

I'd ask you guys to pray for me, but I understand that to some of you it may not be "PC". Pray, think, send me your kind words and I will be eternally grateful. I'll get through this, one way or the other.

Until next time... and hopefully a more happy blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home