inconceivable eccentricities!

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

My Father

I've been wanting to do a blog on my father for some time now, but I never really knew what to say.

His name is Michael and he is the oldest of three kids. He has always been the "responsible" one and I think I resemble him more then any other member of my family. Perhaps it's because I'm also the oldest. He loves sports, particularly Baseball, Football and Golf. He's a very dedicated Christian and is very involved with his church. Growing up he was always pretty strict with me, but I don't blame him for it. That's how he was raised, so it seemed only natural. All in all the positives about my father far outweigh the negatives and for that I am grateful.



Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope. ~Bill Cosby

My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass." "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys." ~Harmon Killebrew

Father! - to God himself we cannot give a holier name. ~William Wordsworth



Those are some of my favorite father quotes. Father's Day has already come and passed, but this isn't about a marketable holiday. This is about my father.

3 days ago my father suffered what we believe to be his second seizure. It is impossible for me to explain the amount of emotional stress this puts a family through. I don't cry a lot, but on such an occasion one can't help but do it.

Pop, I love you. Thanks for everything. I hope that one day my kids will be able to spend time with their grandpa.

1 Comments:

Blogger none said...

Chris - Beautiful entry. You are all in my prayers. I love you and your family. Please let me know if you need anything. - Nic

1:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home