inconceivable eccentricities!

Monday, July 25, 2005

The Return of Mr. Picadilly

Ok, so some of you may know about the strange calls I occasionally get on my cell phone. Usually they are not worth mentioning, but today's call was rather special. I've recieved calls from this guy, who I lovingly call Mr. Picadilly, on a number of occasions now. He's some bloke from Britain (as far as I can tell) and he sounds pretty feminine. Anyways, on to our conversation.


*Every Breath You Take - my ringtone*

Me: Hello?

Mr. Picadilly: Hiya, chum.

Me: Erm, hello. Do I...know you?

Mr. Picadilly: Haha. Of course you do.

Me: ...

Mr. Picadilly: Do you want to get together tonight?

--At this point I recognize the voice as the guy I call Mr. Picadilly. He's called before, and each time I tell him I'm not who he thinks I am. Apparently, not only does this "friend" of his have a phone number similar to mine, but I also sound like him. Very...odd.--

Me: You have the wrong number. Who are you trying to reach?

Mr. Picadilly: You, of course.

--Instead of being annoyed or freaked out, I decide to play along with him a bit. What can I say? Work was slow... I had to do something fun.--

Me: Ok, what do you want to do tonight?

Mr. Picadilly: Drink until we're pissed! Hahaha!

Me: Sounds good. Where do you want to go?

Mr. Picadilly: I was thinking we could stay in...

Me: How about the Circus? I love the Circus.

Mr. Picadilly: Huh?

Me: Sure, why not? Lots of people... and witnesses.

Mr. Picadilly: Stop making jokes, Brian.

Me: Brian? Who the heck is Brian? My name is Chris.

Mr. Picadilly: ... Wait, this isn't Brian?

Me: Nope, but I appreciate the flattery. You still want to get together?

*Phone hangs up.*


You can't make this stuff up.

1 Comments:

Blogger none said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! - Nic

12:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home