inconceivable eccentricities!

Monday, August 01, 2005

It's My Life

No, I'm not referring to a Bon Jovi song... this time. I just wanted to vent on a couple things happening around the ole Gill household.

The Good - My cousin Michael is coming up from the Orlando area to visit us for a few days. I don't get to see him but maybe every 4 years or so. I'm excited to say the least. However, since I was only informed of this a few days ago I haven't had time to make plans. I'm really not sure what I can do to entertain him. He's 24, a college graduate, and working his way up the ladder in the acting world. I thought about taking him to see a show at a local playhouse, or maybe go to Shakespeare's Tavern, but I would think he would want to stay away from those things that remind him of work. After all, he is on vacation. Then I thought about Six Flags, but that place has gotten expensive since the last time I was there (1999). We'll probably go see a movie one night (thanks for the tickets, Ryan). I know we're going to eat with my grandparents another night, assuming my grandmother is feeling up to it (more to come on this subject). I'm really out of ideas here, people. A little help would be great. Maybe some of you would want to meet us for dinner one night? We could all eat and then head over to Dave and Buster's or something? Nicole, Tim, Ryan? I'm looking at you guys.


The Bad - My grandmother fell again last night. That's the third time this week. This time was bad though, she cracked her head open and had to get several stitches. My dad didn't get home from the hospital until 3:30 and he's still in bed. I know he is taking this all very hard because we are so close to his side of the family. The ironic part about all of this is my dad and I were just talking about my grandmother's failing health (and consequent falls) when we got the phone call from my grandfather asking for help. I love my grandmother with every inch of my being and I hate to see her go through this. I can only hope and pray that when it's her time to go she does so peacefully. If there was ever a woman who deserved a break from pain it's her.



[On a completely unrelated note] or [And now for something completely different... a man with three buttocks!] <---- Take your pick


Ryan got engaged Saturday night to his long-time girlfriend Sarah. Congrats to the both of you.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you want to take him to Six Flags, I have a buy one get one free coupon from work. Let me know and it is yours.

12:04 PM

 
Blogger none said...

Hey, Chris - so sorry about your grandmother!
About what to do with your cousin - how about Little Five Points in Atlanta? It would be a different atmosphere and very Atlanta. My favorite restaurant there is Vortex (thanks to my friend Brian for introducing me).
I'll call you soon!

3:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home