inconceivable eccentricities!

Monday, October 03, 2005

Adventures in Bumpkinville

Winder has had its name changed to Bumpkinville. They don't know it yet, but it's true. Now, I've only been through that town once or twice before, but nothing could of prepared me for today. I pride myself on my navigation skills... more or less. However, as I was on my way to the interview this morning I nearly lost my wits. Athens is horrible, but Winder is evil. Those country bumpkins must have cackled maniacally when they decided to develop railroad tracks criss-crossing parallel roads which have no names. I wanted to burn my directions that mapquest had oh-so-faithfully printed out for me, as they were now useless. However, just when my resolve seemed all but lost I did the unthinkable. Yes, I did it. I... asked for directions. *Hangs head in manly shame.* If that wasn't bad enough the clerk at the gas station had no idea where I wanted to go. So, I called the guy I was to interview with and he finally directed me to the building. I would like to say that after dealing with Bumpkinville the interview went awesome. Not so much. Oh well, at least now I know to stay away from the town formerly known as Winder.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:16 AM

 
Blogger none said...

Well, crap, Chris. - Nic

12:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Winder?? I don't even know 'er!

There. I said it.

:O)

8:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home