inconceivable eccentricities!

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

September 12

I hate that this has to be associated as the day after 9/11, but nevertheless September 12 is a very important day for me. That is the day I will be starting my new job. I called SRI this morning (http://www.srimap.com) and told them I was interested in the position. By the end of the call I was hired. I go out to their corporate offices starting next Tuesday for some training, and then I should be moved out the following weekend. My first job site will be in Gulfport (or is it Gulf Shore...) Alabama. We have several crews right now that were in New Orleans and Mississippi when the hurricane struck, and as of today we have had no word from any of them. It may be that once my job in Alabama is done I'll need to go work in those two states (assuming the electrical lines are even back up by then). At any rate, I'll be in Atlanta for the next two weeks if any of you wish to stop by and/or meet up. Ideally, I would like to set up a night where a bunch of us can get together. Since I won't be too far away I plan on visiting ATL a couple times a month. You all are more then welcome to come visit me as well. I know I would love the company.

3 Comments:

Blogger none said...

CONGRATS, Chris!! Man, that was quick! Please let me know when and where I can see you before you leave! I think we should go to Provino's - I don't know if they have those in 'bama. :) Love - Nic

12:41 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the job!! I absolutetely loved Alabama the 13 years I lived there so hopefully you'll have a good experience too. BTW, it's gulf shores. :)

I would love to see you before you leave!

*HUGS* Krista

10:12 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

although there is a gulfport MS but from what I understand, it might not exist anymore. =/

7:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home