inconceivable eccentricities!

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Gaze upon with thine eye that blog which doth please us. Yea, verily.

Before I go into full-blog-redecorating-mode, I figured I should at least explain all that's happened to me in the 2+ years since my last update.

*deep breath*


Well, first off, I no longer work for Rooms To Go MIS/IT. In all honesty, that job was never meant as something long-term. I accepted the job in order to gain certain skills, and hopefully use it as a tool for getting my foot in the door with a certain company. Well, I'm glad to say that my plan worked like a charm. I ended up working with RTG for a little under a year, all the while submitting my resume and interviewing with a company called Digital Envoy.

After nearly a year of interviews and correspondence, I was finally offered a position with DE. I am still with them today working in their Digital Element division. Without going into much detail, I work with I.P. Intelligence and geo information. Basically, we take a person's or company's unique IP address and can trace them to find out where they are accessing the internet from. It's cool work, and the company really takes care of us. In fact, due in part to my recommendation, my friend Ryan just got a job here. That should make it even more fun around here!


Unfortunately, not long after getting my job at DE, I had the worst day of my life. My mother, Linda, passed away. It's still hard for me to talk about. She was an alcoholic and she succumbed to the disease. I can't imagine the pain she had to constantly live with, especially at the end. It must have been extremely hard for her to take her own life, but at least she's at peace now. I know I'll see her again someday, and I look forward to it with all of my heart. I miss you, mom, and I love you.


I'm no longer a bachelor. That's right, last October I got married to the most outgoing and wonderful girl I've ever met. She really is the opposite of me in a lot of ways, which I guess is a good thing. Her name is Megan and she's originally from San Antonio, TX. She will be inheriting a substantial amount of land in Salado, TX one day, so I guess I know where I'll be retiring! It's a really cool place, with farmland as far as the eye can see. A big change for this city slicker, yessiree. I'll sure I'll be blogging more about her later.


Well, those are the big things that's happened to me in the last few years. Once I decide on the new direction this blog will be taking, I'll be sure to archive all of these blogs so that you can still access them.



See you soon.


-Chris

1 Comments:

Blogger gabe said...

Sorry to hear about your mother...

11:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home